The HOLOEYE SLM Display Software Development Kit (SDK) provides APIs (Application Programming Interface) for different programming languages to show images and data/ phase arrays directly on a HOLOEYE Spatial Light Modulator.
Supported development environments are:
- National Instruments LabVIEW 8.6 and later
- MathWorks MATLAB R2009b and later
- Octave 4.x
- Python 2.7 and 3.x
The current version is available for Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The SDK supports all current HOLOEYE Spatial Light Modulators with resolution up to 4160 x 2464 pixel.
SLM Display SDK Features
The initialization of the SLM within the target platform is only a single line of code. Data can be transferred to the SLM from floating point or integer type data arrays containing phase data or image data. The SLM display SDK also supports upload and display of data stored in all common image file formats on your computer.
- Show phase-data-arrays (float, double)
- Show data arrays (float, int, double)
- Show data from image files (*.png, *.bmp, …)
The SDK also includes built-in speed-optimized commands for the display of essential functions (e.g. lenses, gratings) on the SLM.
- Show built-in functions, like:
- Gratings (Binary / Blaze)
- Phasefunctions (Lens, Axicon, Vortex)
- Devided screen
Advanced API Functions
The SDKs advanced API permits sophisticated management of data uploaded to the graphics adapter’s RAM and provides detailed information about the timing when actually displayed on the SLM at high frame rates.
- Load functions to upload data to the GPU memory:
- Load phase-data-arrays (float, double)
- Load data arrays (float, int, double)
- Load data from image files (*.png, *.bmp, …)
- Fast accurate „slideshow“-playback
- Access playback timing statistics for detection of latencies